At St Mary Magdalen’s Junior School, we strive to create a culture of deep understanding, confidence and competence in PE, regardless of learner’s starting points. Our goal is to shape assured, happy, resilient and healthy individuals who relish all challenges in every area of PE.
We encourage all pupils to become independent, reflective thinkers, whose skills not only support them in PE but also across the whole curriculum.
We follow a specific sequence of learning across all areas of the P.E. National Curriculum, which flow in a logical order, presenting the PE staff with flexibility in the delivery of their lessons. We Record pupils’ P.E. attainment using our built- in assessment tool. The assessment tool automatically calculates the percentage of pupils on track to meet the age- related expectations (ARE).
Three concepts which outline our PE lessons
Children are taught to apply and develop a broad range of skills, learning how to use them in different ways.
- Develop tactics for attacking and defending.
- Develop competence and confidence.
- Develop an understanding of how to improve in different physical activities and sports.
- Learn how to evaluate their own success.
- Develop fundamental movement skills.
- Develop agility, balance and coordination.
- Link actions and sequences of movements.
- Develop correct techniques and show the correct body position in athletics and games in order to gain success
- Work individually and with others to develop competence and confidence.
- Enjoy communicating, collaborating and competing.
- We strive to build character and embed values of fairness and respect.
- Children become confident in a way which supports their health and fitness.
PE Activities and Challenges
Click on a physical activities and challenges and give them a go!
|Times Tables Squats||Rolling Penalties||Physical Bingo Activity|
|Feeling Flexible||Healthy Hearts||Blast Off|
|Spell Your Name Fitness Task||Around the World Challenge||Step Ups - 60 Second Challenge|
PE with Mark: